Sunday, March 4, 2012

Benjamin's First Talk in Primary

Today Benjamin gave his first talk in Primary. We took photos during the dress rehearsal. Here's how it went:

This is Lehi. He was a prophet.

This is Nephi, and he was a prophet.

This is Alma. He was a prophet.

This is Abinadi. He was a prophet.

President Monson is our prophet today.

God speaks through living prophets. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
He was so excited. We practiced many times. We practiced for each other. We practiced for Daddy once while he took pictures and again while he took video (I'll post that when it's uploaded). He practiced for the home teachers (by this time he only needed help remembering which was Nephi and which was Lehi). And when it came time to give the talk he was stellar. It went off just as it did at home, without a bit of stage fright. I can't say I'm surprised -- performance is in his blood. :)

The Nephi and Lehi puppets were a handout from Sunbeams a while back. The Alma and Abinadi puppets we got from the back of the March Friend magazine. We cut President Monson out of the front of the March Ensign.

I wish we could have got some Old and New Testament prophets in there, or more latter-day ones -- I was very conscious that we were heavy on the Book of Mormon side of the scales. But I forgot all about the talk until this morning, so we worked with what we had.

Next week is Levi's first official week in Nursery! (Nursery is the class for kids 18 months to 3 years.) I say official because we visited once a while back and again today. I'll tell you all about that next week I guess!

What's been happening on Everead:
We talk Austen-era with Wives & Daughters
We discuss creativity (join in!)
I share photos of me at the Indy Youth Lit fest
by reviewing Nursery Rhyme Comics and

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh! That is so cute!

Jenni Elyse said...

Wow! He's getting so big!

I think you did pretty good with the talk with not having a lot of time to prepare. I'm sure Benjamin did great too! :)