Monday, July 2, 2007

Update, mini review of HP5.

You've all read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (and if you haven't you're either not quite there yet or don't want to hear about the books anyway) so I'll just do a brief spiel instead of a full blown review.

It was better the second time around. Harry's petulance and peevishness didn't bother me as much this time. And, Oh! I had forgotten how much I hate Umbridge! Grrrr. It still got long at the end though, and I still don't really know why. It's not like the writing gets poor or the story quality goes downhill, it's just so long. There were lots of details I'd forgotten though, so I'm not sad that I re-read it. I still haven't ever really gotten a clear picture of how the whole climactic scene plays out. Parts of it I can visualize well, but the setting gives me trouble. Anyway, that's that.

As far as other things go, we picked up Josh (Jacob's brother) at the SLC airport today. He is home from his mission to Mexico City. He has a bit of an accent when he speaks without thinking thoroughly, but I'm sure it will wear off. He has said some things that unintentionally made us smile though.

For those of you who are interested, I found out something fun today: until the release of Eclipse on August 7th, Stephenie Meyer will be posting an "Eclipse Quote of the Day" on her website. Fun times! Also, on the release date she will be appearing on "Good Morning America."

Lastly, I'm excited because my birthday is coming up on Saturday! Remember that you're invited to come celebrate with us at Seven Peaks. We'll probably go around 4, because it's cheaper then. And also because at 2 I'll be going to Shannon Hale's book signing at Borders (jealous? I know you are. If you haven't read The Goose Girl yet, you should). Anyway just call me or Jacob and we'll give you details about the festivities if you'd like to join us!

No comments: