Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patrick's Potatoes & Upcoming Fun


We dyed our mashed potatoes green for St. Patrick's Day. They were a big hit with Benjamin! He also got his second haircut this week -- he did great with the clippers. I cut it shorter than I thought I was cutting it, but it's all good. I figure he still has both of his ears, so, no harm done.

I'm very excited for something coming up. . . no, it's not the release of the Twilight dvd. That's already out, duh! I'm going to be attending Project Book Babe! It is a charity event for a bookseller who has breast cancer. Basically, for me, it's a chance to see pretty much all of my most favorite authors in one place! The only hitch was that that place was Phoenix. So close -- and yet so far. This many miles problem was solved when my mummy got sick of hearing me beg her to go in my place and take lots of pictures and decided she would just fly me and Benjamin out. So! We're going to visit my family from April 1-7 (and leaving poor Jacob all alone with only a magic mirror -- oops, I mean webcam -- to see us in). Woohoo! Shannon Hale, Stephenie Meyer, Laini Taylor, Brandon Mull, and Janette Rallison are some of the authors I'm most looking forward to seeing, though many more will be in attendance.

6 comments:

Laini Taylor said...

Yay, Alysa! I'm so glad you're coming!!!

Jenni Elyse said...

I love the picture of Benjamin! So cute.

I'm really excited you get to go to the event. I wish I could go! I hope you have a great time with your family too.

Jenni said...

YEAH! I'm so happy that you get to go. I hope you have a lot of fun! Aren't families great!

Enna Isilee said...

Wow. I'm SO incredibly jealous.

I'm donating and participating in the auction, though, and that will have to appease me for now.

Congrats!

Katie Smith said...

Benjamin is looking so cute! I love the green mashed potatoes...what a novel idea.

Have fun in Phoenix. It sounds like it's going to be a dream come true for you!

Brittney Richards said...

Green potatoes are fun! Congratulations on going to the book event. It sounds like fun.!