Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting Ready

I'm due to have this baby September 10th -- which is rapidly approaching.  Honestly, I feel mostly ready.  I feel more ready than I did at this point in my pregnancy with Benjamin.  Probably because I know what my experience was like with him, and I know I can handle something like that again.

I'm doing well as far as physical readiness goes, too.  Huge thank you's go to my mom and sister who helped a ton while they were here to make sure I didn't have the baby, and also to super-shopper Rachel Luke who hunted down all the baby gear I needed at garage sales and got me smokin' good deals on great stuff.  I feel like she's been the baby version of my wedding planner -- a baby planner or something.

There are two types of physical readiness, I've decided.  The imperatives and the extras.  You've simply GOT to have a carseat, a couple of outfits, you know. The things on my before-baby-to-do list have become more trivial this past couple of weeks: paint toenails. Get a haircut so that when you look in the mirror at the hospital you don't cringe.

I think Benjamin understands what's coming as well as a two-year-old can.  He knows he's going to have a baby brother, knows his name (Levi Thomas Stewart is the plan), and shows interest in other little babies.  I'm sure it will be an adjustment when the little guy comes, but Benjamin already seems to be very loving of his abstract little brother.

4 comments:

tweedlediva said...

Let me know if you need help painting those toe nails. I would be more than happy to host a ladies spa and romantic comedy night at my house.

Leila said...

So I realized the other day that you are on your way to your own 12 Tribes of Israel--both Benjamin and Levi were tribes. Did you do that on purpose?

Good luck with these last few weeks! We're excited to hear when little Levi makes his debut!

Cami said...

When I asked Benjamin if he was ready for Levi to come, he looked over at the front door, considering. I could see he was trying to visualize what would happen. He was so cute, I don't think it will be like he expects, of course.

Unknown said...

That came fast (for me at least). Good luck with everything. Hope it all goes well. I'll be looking for news of Levi's arrival.