Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Music At Our House

I forgot to mention, in my music related post yesterday: I wrote a piece for my friend Emily's blog: Five Tips for Using Music to Make Life Easier. I had a lot of fun writing it and put lots of stories from our house into it.

Emily's blog has just started. She's gathering all kinds of great tips for moms of young kids. French braids and freezer meals are some of her personal strategies, and I was so flattered to be asked to contribute.

One other quick thing: I loved watching this video on Design Mom's site today. Benjamin sidled up to me just as I was starting it, and we had a great conversation about Paralympic athletes that blew his mind:
Me: “If there was someone with two legs, and someone with one leg and one false leg, who do you think could run faster?”
B: (smiling like he knows this) “Two legs.”
Me: “There are some people with only one leg, or with no legs, who are faster than people with two legs! Like this guy.” We looked up a video of Oscar Pistorious. “They are some of the fastest people in the world.”
B: “I’m one of the fastest, too, right?”
Me: “No. These guys are way faster than you.” 
B: “. . .” 
Me: “They’re even faster than me, and faster than daddy.” 
B: “Whoa.”

No comments: