Thursday, February 28, 2013

Advanced English Learning

Just as it is fun to watch my babies say their first words, it is fun to watch my four-year-old discover language:

Benjamin, this morning: "This is the operating room! We have everything we need to operate here. This is how you operate a robot..."
Rrright. So you and I have different mental images of "operating rooms," son. :) As we continued the game and he showed me the robot room (wherein we find all the robots you can operate), he naturally transitioned to calling the "operating room" the "control room," just because I accidentally did.
 
Benjamin, all day at odd times: "I don't care."
and finally tonight I asked, "Do these pants fit you?"
He shrugged and said, "I don't care."
I paused. "I think you mean, 'I don't know.' 'I don't know' and 'I don't care' don't mean the same thing."
"Yes they do." he said.
Ah. Well that explains it, then.

1 comment:

Cami said...

its absolutely adorable!