Sunday, September 23, 2007

"Recent Pictures"

A few days ago Jacob and I had a request (from his fam) for any "recent pictures" we wanted to share. So, of course, I took a few!

Here is Jacob in his customary studying posture. Don't ask me how he can keep it up without getting a kink in his neck -- I haven't discovered the secret.

Jacob was homeworking and could not be prevailed upon to take a picture, so here is a self-portrait.

Even though this post, unlike most of them, is not a book review, I couldn't manage to leave books out of it. On Saturday Laura and I went to the release party/book signing for Shannon Hale's latest novel: Book of a Thousand Days. We had quite a bit of time to browse as we were waiting for our turn to meet the author -- I ended up buying Book of a Thousand Days, Shakespeare's Secret by Elise Broach, and Timeline by Michael Crichton. And no, we didn't plan to wear matching shirts.

Here is me with Shannon Hale. She's fabulous fun. And yes, she is wearing the same dress that the model on the cover of the book is wearing. They gave it to her.
So there are the recent pictures! Jacob and I are both keeping busy (quite busy) with school and work. But don't worry, we've still got time to keep everyone up to date on our lives. To any of you who who are just now coming in our our blog, welcome and we hope you'll comment and check back often!

1 comment:

Jill Rogers said...

I was totally going to go to that!!! I couldn't go because I was babysitting a 2 year old and didn't want to fight game traffic with the baby in tow. You'll have to let me know how the book is- She's fabulous!